News, Events and Announcements
- Check School News (like Country Fair information)
- See your child’s current grades
- What homework is currently assigned (or late)
- Any important homeroom news for your class
- Lunch Balances (how much you owe or have in your lunch account)
Click on this link: http://sjshilo.com/parents/newsletters/
* Mass of the Holy Spirit
* Tribute to Deacon LeRoy Andrews
* High School Honor Roll/Principal’s List
*New 2016 PTG Officers
* Athletic High School Awards
* Academic High School Awards
* High School Ho’olaulea
* Elementary May Day
* High School May Crowning
* NHS Induction
* Student Council Installation
* 7th Grade Canoe Building
* Fourth visit to Mokupapapa Discovery Center
* Elementary Athletic Awards
* Coalition for a tobacco-free Hawaii
* Beach Clean-up, April 25 KPB Cleanup Poster Apr2015
* National Recycle Bowl
* Merrie Monarch Parade
* Book Week Winners
* Story Bird Writers
* 7th Grade Food-Make Over
* Japan Students Visit Campus
* Bagels with the Bishop
* Jump for Heart Heros
* 5th Grade attend Starbase
…and much more
Yearbooks dating back as far as 1970 are for sale. Prices range from $25-$50, depending on the condition of the books.
If you are interested, contact: Miri Sumida at email@example.com.
Fr. Samuel Loterte, SSS, pastor of St. Joseph Church, has announced the appointment of Dr. Llewellyn K. Young, Jr., to be principal of Hilo’s St. Joseph School. Dr. Young will succeed Deacon LeRoy Andrews who has served as Interim Principal for the past year. A native of Kauai, he did his undergraduate work at the University of Maryland and the University of Hawai’i at Hilo.
Dr. Young holds a Doctorate degree in Education and a Master’s degree in Educational administration from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa. Serving both here in Hawai’i and on the mainland, he has accumulated over sixteen years of experience in educational administration and leadership. Since 2010, he has been associated with Arizona Western College at Yuma as Dean of Enrollment Services, while also teaching in the Business and Liberal Arts Division. Prior to this, Young served as an Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Campus Operations at Northern Arizona University as well as Project Director of the UH College of Education, Hawai’i Leadership Academy.
St. Joseph School is the Big Island’s only Catholic school. It has a diverse, multi-cultural student population with a long tradition of academic excellence. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the Western Catholic Education Association and the Hawai’i Association of Independent Schools.
“This St. Joseph School community extends a warm aloha to Dr. Llewellyn Young as he takes on his new duties as Principal of St. Joseph School. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience to lift St. Joseph to a higher level. He is committed to the school’s mission and shares our values. I am very happy that Dr. Young has taken on his responsibility. He is a perfect fit for our school and I pray that God will bless him in every way.” – Deacon Leroy Andrews