SAINT JOSEPH SCHOOL
Preschool ~ Grade Twelve
1000 Ululani Street
Hilo HI 96720
Elementary School: Ph: 808-935-4935 Fax: 808-443-0294
High School: Ph: 808-935-4936 Fax: 808-443-0294
Business Office: 808-935-8443
REVISED TUITION SCHEDULE & PAYMENT POLICY
PRESCHOOL** (8:00 A.M. – 2:15 P.M.) $6000.00
GRADES K-6* $6800.00
GRADES 7-8 $7900.00
GRADES 9-12 $8600.00
PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE
One Payment Plan by July 1, 2017. Tuition Insurance Refund Plan optional, please notify the Business Office to enroll.
Two Payment Plan – ½ of tuition by July 1, 2017; ½ on January 1, 2018. A fee for Tuition Insurance Refund Plan (TRP) is charged per student. Cost is 3.5% of total tuition. TRP payments due with first installment.
Monthly Payment Plan – Payable in equal installments. Payments start on June 1, 2017, (for a 12 month payment plan) or August 1, 2017, (for a 10 month payment plan). A fee for Tuition Insurance Refund Plan (TRP) is charged per student. Cost is 3.5% of total tuition. TRP payment due with first installment.
*AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM AVAILABLE – Additional $125.00 per month.
** EXTENDED DAY PRESCHOOL – Additional $1,500.00 per year.
Tuition above does NOT include a comprehensive fee, which covers common fees associated with enrollment such as books, workbooks, yearbooks, Athletic fees (High School only), etc. Comprehensive fees are collected separately at $250.00 for Grades K to 8 and $500.00 for Grades 9 to 12. Individual classroom projects, excursions, miscellaneous classroom supplies, etc. and Country Fair Scrip are not included in the comprehensive fee.
FACTS payment program registration required for all students.
AUGUSTINE EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION ONLINE APPLICATION LINK (below)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Tuition Refund Plan mandatory?
- Yes, for those choosing to pay in two installments or monthly installments. [Note: Rate has increased to 3.5% for the coming year.]
- It is optional for families that pay in one installment (with the understanding that there will be no refund should the student have to withdraw from SJS for any reason). Please contact the Business Office should you choose to enroll.
Is tuition assistance available?
- Yes, applications are available in both the High School and Elementary School offices. You can also find links to them below.
- Deadline for tuition assistance is March 6, 2017
Tuition Assistance Applications Due 3/6/2017.
Applications packets for tuition assistance through the Augustine Educational Foundation, Saint Joseph School, Saint Joseph Parish and the work study program are presently available via the school’s website.
- Any family who wishes to be considered for financial aid must complete an application form.
- Families receiving assistance this current year must reapply for next year.
- Families with multiple children in the school are required to complete only one packet.